CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Here Comes Peggy Cottontail





Sorry I did not post yesterday.  I was helping my hubby wash our RV.  Believe me when I say it took most of the day to clean the outside and inside!! 

With Easter just around the corner  (can you believe it?) I wanted to share an Easter card with you  It has to be one of my favorite holidays.  I love all the cute little animals like bunnies and chicks that are associated with it.  But my favorite thing is the meaning of it.  To celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and know he has made a place for me in heaven is absolutely amazing!!

I thought I would share this cute little bunny rabbit with you today.  She was a joy to make.  I created her using my Stampin' Up! punches.  The grass she is sitting on was made from the branch of the two step bird punch.  I simply trimmed it down to the size I wanted and layered it across the paper.  The border for this card was made using the Big Shot.  I used an impressions folder called Framed Tulips.  The trick with this folder is making sure you line your paper up right to get the border where you want it.  It really is easier than it sounds.  Now onto the cute little bunny.


I wanted to include a close up of here so you could see all the details.  I used the following punches in creating her:


Ears -- 1 3/8" x 5/8" oval punch; you need 2 for each ear
Head -- full heart punch turned upside down
Body -- curly label punch; I trimmed the side to be flush with the overalls
Arms and Chin -- the wing from the two step bird punch
Overalls -- small tag punch with the retired horizontal punch for straps (scrap paper works too)
Pocket on Overalls -- scrap of DSP trimmed to make it
Feet --  3/4" x 15/16" oval punch; you need one for each little foot
Heels -- small heart from the heart to heart punch
Toes, Nose, and Eyes -- 1/4" circle punch (retired); the medium circle from the two step oval punch works too

And there you have it --an adorable bunny.  Oh, the little butterfly bows on her ears are from the Beauiful Wings embosslit die for the Big Shot.  Of course, I added glitter to make her sparkle all over.  I hope you enjoy making her as much as I did.  Thanks for dropping by today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment