CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Jelly Belly

I must admit I am one of those people who can take jelly beans or leave them. I do have flavors that I prefer if I am going to eat them but I am not fond of sticky, chewy things to eat. I don't even chew gum for pete's sake!!

I was working with my daughter one night on a card for her friend. She had bought a huge jar of Jelly Belly's to give as a gift since her friend loves them so much. She could not decide on what to make for the front of the card though. We talked through many ideas when all of a sudden it hit me: Why not make the Jelly Belly guy!! It would be perfect and would go along with the gift fabulously. I had never seen a punch art Jelly Belly before but thought I could figure out how to do one. So figure it out I did.

His body and puffy part of the hat were made using the wide oval punch. His arms and legs were made by punching a small oval and then punching a large oval around the small one's hole. I cut the oval ring into 4 parts and viola there were his arms and legs. The bottom portion of the hat was made from a 1 1/4" circle, with the sides trimmed off. His hands come from the ends of the modern label punch. I punched them out with a 1/2" circle. His eyes are the large circles from the two step owl punch. I colored in the black part myself as well as drew on his cute little smile. His shoes come from the heart to heart punch and are trimmed to make them fit. As for his socks, I used the now retired horizontal punch but if you don't have it no worries. Just use a scrap of cardstock to make them. The background was made using my big shot and the perfect polka dots impressions folder.  He needed jelly beans falling around him, so I used the 3/4" x 15/16" oval and trimmed it to look like I wanted. I thought he turned out rather well. My daughter chose to make one herself and used her friends favorite flavor as the color of her jelly man. It looked great.

Be sure to drop me a line if you have any questions about him or other cards posted. And be sure sure to stop by my online store. I will be adding inventory later this week!! Thanks for dropping in today!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment