CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lattice Cross

As I was looking through my favorite blogs the other day, I happened upon a card that I thought was fabulous.  It was made by Dawn Olchefske.  She used the lattice die for the big shot and made a cross out of it.  I was amazed.  That meant I had to try it. 

What amazed me the most was how simple it was.  After you cut out the lattice you turn it so it looks like a diamond shape facing you.  You find the cross in it (very easy to see), and you trim off the excess pieces you will not need.  Simple but elegant and perfect for Easter.  I also use crosses on sympathy cards so it was nice to learn a new technique to create one.  I chose to make this one for Easter and created several, all being different colors.  Let me show you.
The background on each was made with my handy big shot.  I used several impression folders so that each color had its own background.  I used colors that pair together well.  In fact my Color Coach helped me since on the back of each color card it shows a Dynamic Duo.  It made it so easy for me to pair the colors.

For the inside, I used a saying from a retired stamp set called Abundant Hope.  I wanted it to be simple so not much else was added.


There you have it.  These are simple and quick to make.  I will be uploading these into my online store today.  Be sure to drop by there and take a look around.  Thanks for dropping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment