CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Little Easter Chicken

Happy Monday!!  And Happy Anniversary to me and my hubby.  I will share the card I made him tomorrow!!

Here is another cute Easter card that is perfect for all those boys and girls to receive. He is much easier to make than the bunny from yesterday and just as cute. There are not as many parts to him so he goes together really fast.

I have to admit I saw this little chick on another demonstrators blog though I cannot remember whose it was. Please forgive me if it was yours. Drop me an email and I would be happy to give you credit for this guy.

I used Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, and Pear Pizzazz cardstock to make this little guy. Of course as always there is a little Basic Black use as well as Whisper White too.

The background is embossed using an embossing folder (not a Stampin' Up! one) with my Big Shot machine. I always like to have some type of background on my cards. This one reminded me of Easter egg decorating. Weird, huh!! Oh well. No one ever said I had to be logical in order to be creative.

Now lets talk about the chick himself. His body is made from a Big Shot die called Top Note. This is a Stampin' Up! exclusive die. You would not believe how many times I have used this die. It is wonderful. Back to the chick. The rest of his body pieces come from punches. His arms are a scallop circle cut in half. His eyelids and whites of the eyes are from a 1" circle punch. You only need one circle for the eyelids cut in half. The pupils of his eyes are a 1/2" circle. I added a little white gel pen to enhance the look. His feet were made using the scallop circle punch. Punch one scallop circle out. Then use the 1" circle punch and punch out the feet from it. I did both from one scallop. His beak is from the 5-Petal Flower punch. It is just one of the petals trimmed off. His "feathers" are also made from the 5-Petal Flower punch. I simply positioned my the flower behind his head at an angle I was happy with. It Easter egg comes from the stamp set A Good Egg. I stamped the egg, then stamped the circle, which is included with the set, onto my egg. I cut it out and colored it in. Pretty simple wouldn't you say?

I hope some of my ideas are inspiring you. Please let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to explain in more detail or include pictures to show aa step if you need it. Thank you so much for dropping in today!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment