CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Look Who Is Turning...

Well, I thought I would share with you a card I made for my other daughter's birthday since I share her sister's yesterday.  I don't want her to feel left out.  I love to try to come up with unique and quirky cards for my girls.  They love to see what mom has made and are always surprised.  I bought the stamp set called "Look Who's Turning" from Stampin' Up!.  It caught my attention because of the animals in the set.  There is a hippo, an octopus, and an ostrich.  I especially like the ostrich so I wanted to use it on her card.  Here is what I came up with:


This is a fun card that made my daughter laugh when she saw it.  The sky background was created using Stampin' Pastels which are chalks.  I enjoy working with these because I can created a sky as light or dark as I wish.  The tree trunks are just scraps of paper I cut to use.  The trees and bushes are from the scallop circle punch.  I glittered the edges of each one.  For the bushes I cut the circles in half, being sure to make one side larger than the other so I could stack them.  I added white gel pen doodle dots to them just because I wanted to.  The trees also have the doodle dots and "apples" which are 1/4" circles.  Since this punch is retired, you could use the circle from the itty bitty punch set. 

I stamped the ostrich a total of 3 times - 2 in crumb cake and 1 in chocolate chip.  For the one in the tree, you only use the neck and head, yes this means you have to cut it out after you stamp it.  The bottom ostrich uses a whole ostrich.  I cut out the entire crumb cake one and the body of the chocolate chip.  If you look carefully, you can see just a small piece of the body.  Of course you could position it so only the head will show or you could use your Stampin' Markers to color the stamp so your ostrich is the two toned color you want it when it hits the paper.  The birthday hat also comes in the stamp set.  I stamped it in 2 colors, cut them out, added glitter to them and attached them to the little heads.  

I have used this set to make cards for other people especially kids.  They love it.  If you do not have it, be sure to visit my Stampin' Up! site and check it out in the catalog.  Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment