CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What A "Tweet" Little Bird

Once again I am posting a card that I had shared on my old blog so forgive me if you have already seen it.  It was inspired by Ellen Kemper.  I made it for my daughter for her birthday.  She likes Tweety Bird so I wanted to create a card including him.


Isn't he cute?  I embossed the background using an impression folder called Elegant Lines and ran it through my big shot.  I colored in the dots using a white gel pen.  I liked the contrast against the Night of Navy card stock.  Tweety was made using Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango card stock.   The punches used to create Tweety are the full heart ( his feet ); the 1 3/4" circle punch for his head; the small oval for his cheeks with a snip taken out of the center of it on one side; the large oval punched around the small oval hole for his arms; and the word window for his eyes.  His beak was made by punching a small oval and using the tip of one end.  I believe I used the circle from the itty bitty punch pack to punch off the end.  The blue of his eyes uses the small heart from the heart to heart punch.  I colored in the black of his eyes.  I also went around most pieces with a black marker to highlight the edges.  His body is made with the large oval.  It is trimmed on one side.  I saved the trimmed piece and used it for his tail.  

I know it sounds like a lot but he is really easier to make than he sounds.  This is one of my favorite cards I have made.  Give him a try.  If you have questions drop me a line and I will try to help.  Thanks for looking today.

No comments:

Post a Comment