CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another Wedding Card

The other day I was trying to come up with a card to send to a couple who is getting married.  I have made a few and while I like them I wanted to make something different.  I was browsing through a demonstrator site and happened to see this really cool birthday cake.  It was two tiers and looked like it would be fun to make.  So I started playing with my card stock and decided to do a three tier wedding cake for the happy couple.  Of course, it needed a cake topper and I decided wedding rings would be perfect.  Here is the card I designed:


I of course added glitter to my cake and some pearls.  Each layer of cake is simply a piece of whisper white card stock with 2 corners rounded.  Then circle punches are used to make the "frosting" draped on the sides.  I used the cross looking flower punch from the itty bitty punch set to line the bottom of each tier.  Maybe this closer picture will show that better:

I guess not.  It is all white which makes it hard to see but each pearl is placed in the middle of the flower.  I embossed the background with an impression folder and my Big Shot, then put some doodle dots on it for fun.  The rings were made using the brushed silver card stock from Stampin' Up!.  The brushed gold would work well too.  I punched a circle using the circle from the itty bitty set (if you have not guessed by now, I love this set of punches!!), then punched a 1/2" circle around the hole.  I snipped one ring on one side so I could hook them together and added a diamond for the bride.  It is always nice to come up with new ideas to use for weddings.  Hope you liked this one.  Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment