CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Birthday Invitation

Now just so you know, today's card does not have a stain glass image on it.  I have been stamping images like mad and have several glittered but none are attached to cards yet.  Yesterday was busy as we went shopping for our Easter dinner supplies.  This year we are having about 10 people over for an Easter seafood meal.  That's right.  No traditional ham this year.  We are having one of my family's favorite:  crab legs and shrimp.  We thought it would be fun and the family is excited.  Of course, they will be coloring eggs too for the day and that is always fun.  Needless to say, all my running cut into my card making time.  But have no fear.  I will be back with a stain glass card tomorrow!! 

So for today, I wanted to share this adorable birthday invitation.  One of my sister's friends hired me to make invitations for her little boy's 3rd birthday.  They were having a Cars theme, so I immediately emailed Ellen Kemper, the punch art queen, to see if she had any good ideas for making the car.  Luckily she did.  I used her basic car design and brought Lightning McQueen to life (okay so he is not really alive) on the card. 


Not bad if I do say so myself.  Lightning is made with all punches from Stampin' Up!.  I absolutely love how versatile these punches can be.  The "look who's turning" is from the stamp set of the same name and is stamped on whisper white paper and punched out with the modern label punch.  I layered it onto another modern label punch in pacific point.  The sky background is made with my pastels once again.  The road is a piece of basic black card stock which I drew a white lane line onto with the white gel pen.  The "3" also comes from the Look Who's Turning stamp set.  The pole is a strip of brushed silver card stock.  As for the highway signs with the number on them and the curvy road sign, those came from my wonderful Cricut machine.  Oh, so did Lightning's party hat.  The inside of the card had all the party information.  I was pleased to know they were very happy with the invites.  With all the nephews I have, I am sure I will be able to use this guy again. 

Well, that's all for today.  I will be back to working on stain glass cards today and hopefully have one to share with you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment