CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Here Kitty Kitty

My youngest daughter loves all kinds of animals but I would say her favorite is cats with dogs running a close second.  She would love to have a cat.  But unfortunately my husband is extremely allergic to them.  Even going into someones home who has a cat for just a few minutes causes his allergies to kick in.  I am surprised he has this strong of a reaction since he grew up in a home that always had a cat in residence.  Guess his allergy really developed after he grew up.  Anyway, I wanted to learn to make a cat from punches.  Believe it or not, I played around and came up with one for Halloween.  Then I happened upon Ellen Kemper's blog and low and behold, she had the same cat.  I am betting I saw it there at sometime, forgot it, and then channeled it as I was being "creative".  Ellen is a superstar punch artist.  I made the Halloween kitty with a mask and all for my niece and did not get a picture of it.  So when my aunt asked about a cat card the other day, I thought I would make the same kitty, just put her on a birthday card.



I really like this cat.  She is very easy to make.  Her body is the word window punch; her face is the large oval (now called the 1 3/4" x 7/8" oval)punch; her ears and legs are the 5-petal flower punch; the tail is a piece of the side of the large oval hole that I punched with the large oval again; her eyes are the circle from, you guessed it, the itty bitty punch pack; her nose is a 1/4" circle - this punch is retired, you could use a circle from the 2 step owl if needed; and her collar is from the now retired horizontal slot punch but a piece of scrap paper would also work.  I embossed the background with the Petals-A-Plenty embossing folder using my big shot.  I then colored the center dots of the flowers using a white gel pen.

Any cat lover would like this one.  My daughter gave it her approval (she is my toughest critic) so I knew I did a good job.  Hope you like her as much as I do.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment