CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Favorite Princess

Of all the Disney princesses (is that spelled right?) my absolute favorite is Belle from Beauty and the Beast.  I guess I felt I related to her most of all because of her love of books and love of family.  She was willing to give up herself to help her father.  I can understand that.  I wanted to be a teacher from the time I was 5 and I was lucky enough to get to do it.  But I gave all that up when my mom became ill in 2004.  So I could really understand her motivation to help family. 

What does this have to do with stamping you ask?  Well, the other day I pulled out my Totally Tess stamp set.  I love all the demonstrator gadgets you can stamp with this set.  Tess looks so great in her apron!  I have seen her dressed in many ways including as Cinderella.  I wish I could remember who made her up as Cindy but it escapes me right now.  If you know please tell me so I can give them credit.  As I was looking at Tess and thinking how cute she was as Cindy, I thought why not dress her as Belle.  Now remember this was my first attempt at it so be nice.


Now I thought she turned out rather well.  I cut the dress from a scrap of Daffodil Delight paper and glittered it.  I can thing of one little girl I know who would really like this card.  Let me show you a closer look at Belle.


The ruffle on her dress was made by punching a circle with the circle from the itty bitty punch pack, then punching a 1/2" circle around it.  I then took the rings and cut them in half, glued them down on her dress prior to glittering, added glitter to the entire dress, and added a couple of diamonds to accentuate the ruffle.  The hardest part of this was making a template of a dress  for her.  I had to make sure I cut the piece out for her hair to show on her shoulder.  I colored her skin with a colored pencil and made the gloves by coloring in her arms most of the way up with the Daffodil Delight marker.  I have a habit of confusing people as well as myself sometimes so if you need further instructions, just let me know and I will do my best to get them for you.  

I cannot wait to try to dress Tess up as some of the other Disney princesses.  She will be ready for the ball before you know it.  Thanks for stopping in today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment