CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Need A Little Pick Up?

Happy Thursday everyone.  I hope all of you are happy and healthy today.  The closer it gets to Easter, the more I truly appreciate all the small things in life.  What a wonderful gift was given to us -- eternal life.  Be sure to take a few moments to remember everything we celebrate Easter for.

As promised, I worked hard to complete a stain glass card to share today.  There are a few differences in this card.  For one, I cut out the stain glass object to attach to the card so you do not have all the acetate.  And two, this card was made using only products from Stampin' Up!.  As you know, I am a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  While I must admit, I have a lot of products from other companies, I really love the SU! line of products.  Most of my other things came from before I was bitten by the SU! bug.  So it was very important to me to create a card with this technique that you could make using the high quality SU! products. Here it is:


I used a stamp set called Loads of Love for the truck and its cargo of hearts.  They were stamped onto the acetate, glittered, allowed to dry overnight and then trimmed out.  The sparkly hearts are the smallest heart on the Heart to Heart punch, punched out of Real Red and glittered.  They are not stain glass.  This card could be used to send to a friend or a love one just to send happy thoughts their way.  Of course, it would also be good for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day or an anniversary.  Just a change of saying is needed.  I embossed the background with the Big Shot impression folder Perfect Polka Dots.  The edge of the whisper white was punched with Scallop Trim order punch.  The layer for the truck is a 3 1/4" square, punched at the corners first with the Scallop Trim Corner punch, and then the loops connected with the Scallop Trim Border.  I then used the SU! pastels to make the sky and ground.  The saying was stamped and then punched out with the Scallop Square punch.  The then punch 2 more scallop squares in Real Red, cut them in half, trimmed the ends as needed, and layered the pieces around the saying to create the border.  My base card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" in Real Red.  Now I will let you see the truck a little closer.


As I am sure you can see, the heart cargo was stamped on the acetate so that it would be able to be cut with the truck.  You do not have to do it that way.  You can stamp them separate and layer them.  They were stamped using Staz-On ink.  The glue used is the 2-way glue pen from SU!.  Even all the glitter came from SU!.  The windshield and side window were glittered using Dazzling Diamond.  The red, silver, and black glitter used for the truck is from a glitter set called Fine Galaxy.  The hearts were done in rose pink and orchid glitter from the set called Fine Cosmo.  Now I have heard a lot of people say they thought that the $13.95 price for a set of glitter was a bit much.  However, you do get 5 colors in each set.  I know that when I have bought glitter from other stores, I usually pay $3 to $5 for one 1/4 oz. container.  So really the SU! price is right on target, and you know the colors will be true and beautiful as well as high quality.  To me, it is definitely worth it.  The truck it attached to the card stock with glue dots.

Next month begins the Summer Mini catalog.  Have you received yours in the mail yet?  If not, contact me and I will be sure to send one your way.  Don't miss out on all the cute items.  Want any of the products used on this card?  Simply let me know and I will get them ordered for you or go to my SU! website listed on this page and you can order online.  Be sure to list me as your demonstrator.

I will be back tomorrow.  Not sure what I will share.  Maybe another stain glass card or maybe a cute Easter box for treats.  Guess you will have to stop by to find out!  Thanks for visiting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment