CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stain Glass Again!!!

I spent quite a bit of time this past weekend stamping images for my stain glass card collection.  Over the years, I have acquired several stamps that are really made for the stain glass technique.  The background looks like a stain glass window.   Today, I wanted to show you another stamp that while not specifically made for this technique, it works beautifully.


This lily stamp has been used quite a bit over the years.  Forgive me Stampin' Up! because it does not come from you.  I originally bought this one because of the beautiful flower and because, sad to say, I thought it would work wonderfully for a sympathy card.  I have used it a lot for that over the years.  I wish that were not the case but that is a part of all lives.  When putting this particular card together, I was thinking it would make a nice card to send to a friend just to say hello.  I used my trusty pastels to create a soft blue background.  The frame I made for the lily is from the Top Note die for the Big Shot.  You can get this fun die from me through Stampin' Up!  I added the glitter to the frame to make it have a little more dimension.  Let's take a closer look at the lily.

They are so sparkly!!!  I just love it.  My sister would say "that's so tinsel" from the Disney holiday television special called Prep and Landing.   I must say I too enjoy that saying. 

Now if you are wondering how I attached the acetate to the frame, I used glue dots.  Unfortunately with acetate,  no matter what adhesive you use, it shows through unless it is a spot where the image is stamped solid or glittered.  But if you have worked with glitter, it is not easy to put adhesive on it and get it to adhere securely to the card.  That is why I leave a border around most of the stain glass stamped images I make.  Then I simply make my frame so I can attach the acetate using the glue dots.

Hopefully, you will feel brave and give this technique a try.  If you have any questions, let me know.  It really does make for a beautiful, one of a kind card.  Until tomorrow, thanks for stopping by. 


No comments:

Post a Comment