CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Stain Glass Butterfly

I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter with lots of fun.  I always get a kick out of coloring eggs with the kids and having close family and friends over to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.  This year was a little more difficult for me and having my husband and 2 beautiful daughters, as well as their boyfriends, my sister, and my husband's aunt and uncle around really helped me to find peace and joy in the holiday.  I truly wish all of our family could have been together.  I always miss those who cannot attend as well as those who have passed on.  Well, let's get to what you probably stopped by for today.

As I promised, I will be sharing a few more stain glass cards with you all this week.  I took time to take 2 of my pieces and put them onto cards.  The first one I thought I would share with you today is a butterfly.


I really love this stamp.  I wanted to be sure the butterfly would stand out so I chose vivid colors for it to help.  The border has to be one of my favorites too.  I love the gold and chocolate brown alternating around the border.  As you can see I used a corner punch to attach this one to my card.  I so have glue dots on positioned on the darker colors to help adhere it, but mostly the corner punch will hold it on.  I shaded the outside of the white layer with melon mambo ink which is also the color of the base card.

Here is a little closer picture of the butterfly and flower.  I do apologize for the slightly blurry appearance of the picture.  I am not a professional photographer so I am trying to learn how to light the area and get the best shot.  I also had to remember to turn the flash off.  I usually have mine on auto but if the flash goes off when photographing these, the glare of the glitter causes a white spot where the flash reflects.  Who knew?  Oh well, I hope to get much better over time.  
Let me know what you think.  Also if there is a technique you would like me to share, drop me a note.  Thanks for taking time to look today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment