CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Summer Mini Sneak Peek

I thought I would give you a sneak peek of a few items that will be available in the Summer Mini Catalog from May 1 through August 31.  If you have not received your Mini and would like one, please let me know and I will send one out to you.

With summer right around the corner, I decided to focus on a set called Summer Splash.



This is a fun set with the surf board stamp and the sea shell stamp.  Also included is a smiling turtle, a smiling octopus, a fish, a pail and shovel, and some bubbles.  I used only the surf board and sea shell stamps for today's card.  Let's take a little closer look at the card.


You can see that behind the surf boards are some cute little fish just swimming along.  This is a jumbo wheel called Fish Frenzy also available in the Summer Mini.  I rolled the fish onto a Wild Wasabi base card in matching ink.  The bubbles have glitter added to them to make them sparkle (you did not think I would forget glitter did you?).  Just a note about the sea shells.  They are one stamp with the three designs on it.  I cut the shells out to go on my card.  The letters for "Surfs Up" were made using my Big Shot and a sizzlit decorative strip die called Billboard.  It cuts all letters of the alphabet out, both capitals and lower case.  I use what I need and save the rest for another card. This way none go to waste. Of course, to my letters I added black glitter.  No surprise there. My color scheme for this particular project is Wild Wasabi, Tangerine Tango, and Melon Mambo.  How did I come up with that you ask?  It was easy.  The Summer Mini helped make that decision.  A closer look at the surf boards will explain. 


Notice the shine?  In the new Summer Mini, you will find my 3 chosen colors available in Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I was so excited to get these powders and to heat emboss with them.  They are beautiful!!!  You can also see the shine on the starfish.  I stamped 3 sets of shells, heat embossed each set with one of the new embossing powders, and cut all shells out.  I saved the ones I did not use on here for another card. 

This was a lot of fun to make as I got to play with so many new things.  It also brought up memories of going to the beach and lake with my family as I grew up and as an adult.  I wish we had an ocean here in Arizona.  Trust me, it gets hot enough to make you really want to go to one.  I will share another sneak peek tomorrow.  Until then, keep stamping and being creative!! 
 
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment