CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Ahh, Roses

Now no one would accuse me of having a green thumb.  In fact my girls always told me to leave the plants for dad to take care of.  They knew my record was bad.  We had a beautiful rose bush when we first got married.  My hubby took care of it and it was beautiful.  We had to transplant it several times and the last one proved too much for the plant.  We have not had another one since.  So for me to enjoy roses, I either spend time at our aunt's home and look at all the roses she grows or I stamp them on cards.  I found a beautiful rose stamp a few years ago at a stamp convention.  I have used it several times.  This time, I wanted to turn to my favorite technique:  stain glass.  I stamped a couple of roses and took out the glitter.


The first rose I did  I glittered in purple.  My daughter thought it was nice but asked me to make a white rose.  They both turned out very nicely.  I used Whisper White card stock for my base card and used a piece of dsp (designer series paper) from the hostess pack of in-colors.  The center strip of card stock is a piece of Whisper White that had been embossed using an impression folder in the big shot layered on top of a piece of Concord Crush.  I love the deep purple of this card stock.  The roses are adhered to the card stock using glue dots.  The sparkle of the glitter has to be my favorite part of the card, of course.

While I may not have a green thumb when it comes to plants, vegetables are a different story.  Well at least tomatoes.  We decided to try the whole Topsy Turvy tomato plant growing device.  It really seems to work.  My plant is getting bigger and bigger and has 4 tomatoes on it already.  I must be doing something right.  

Well, the first of our out of town family arrives tonight for our niece's wedding on Saturday.  Life is about to get crazy.  Hopefully, it will be a good crazy.  I promise to be back tomorrow with another card.  Thanks so much for dropping in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment