CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Back to Stain Glass

Alright.  I know I have shared several stain glass cards with you in the past week or so.  However, I am going to share some more this week.  See when I sit down to do this technique, I always stamp several images and glitter them all.  So I have all these completed pieces that need to be mounted to cards.  This past weekend at the Crop Party I held, that is what I worked on.  Now I want to share some of them with you.

Today's card was made using the retired stamp set from Stampin' Up! called Voila.  I have a soft spot for this set.  The little chef is just so cute.  I really miss this set in the catalog.  It was very popular.  Most of the demonstrators I know used it.  So anyway, here he is.


Isn't he the cutest?!!  I so wanted to get a close up of him, but the reflection of the camera and my hand were overwhelming in the picture so this is the only shot I have.  This set came with the tray cover as well as some food items you could place on the tray.  There was also an accessory set that had even more food and a bride & groom.  For me, I used the tray cover because I admit, it was easy to glitter.  Also I felt this could be used as an invitation to any type of meal gathering or as a thank you to someone who brought a special treat for you or had you over for a meal.  The biggest challenge for me was finding a glitter to use for skin tone.  I did not have a blush or peach glitter and was not sure anything I had would work.  I came across the one used in my glitter box and thought I would give it a try.  It is called Sand.  It looks a lot like gold to me but it worked extremely well as the skin tone.  I used the Bon Apetit stamp from the same set on the real red cardstock.  I stamped tone on tone so it would give some added dimension but not take away from my little chef.  All in all he turned out better than I thought he would. 

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to click the comment button and leave feedback.  I would love to hear from you.  Thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment