CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue

One of my favorite movies is Toy Story.  I have enjoyed all 3 movies in this series.  I always worry when I see an animated movie come out with a sequel that it will not be as good as the first one.  I have been pleasantly surprised with each sequel to this movie.  I love the characters and the jokes that are told.  I have to say, I was disappointed not to see Bo Peep back in the 3rd movie.  I always liked her. 

My husband is a HUGE Toy Story fan.  His favorite characters are Woody and Buzz.  So I wanted to created a card that would include at least on of these on the front.  Once again,  I turned to punch queen Ellen Kemper for inspiration and she did not let me down. 


This card is a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  When I went to Ellen's site for help, she had a full Buzz Lightyear that would work great on a scrapbook page but for me was too large to use on a card.  So I decided to do only the top have of Buzz so it would fit nicely.  There are way too many punches to list here but if you really want a list, I will be happy to provide one.  Just let me know.  I used an impression folder from Cuttlebug with stars on it to make the background.  I thought since Buzz travels through space the stars fit his personality nicely.  White gel pen dots have been added to the areas between the stars.  I have to tell you, my husband loved this.  It is proudly displayed in his home office along with a few other I have made him. 

Since making this card, I have seen lots of other characters and am going to work on each of them.  But first I must finish the rest of my projects for this week.  Thanks for dropping in today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment