CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Daisies - The Friendly Flowers

I remember watching the movie You've Got Mail and hearing Meg Ryan say that daisies are such a friendly flower.  I had never thought about it much but I would have to agree with her.  I have a die for my big shot that makes daisy flowers in 3 sizes.  I love to cut them out and make these lovely flowers.  While I will be glad to make a card using the big shot flowers on another day, today's card is actually another stain glass card.  I picked this stamp up a few years ago.  I have used it as a regular stamp on card stock and colored it with markers and colored pencils.  However, it does work for this Stain Glass technique too.


As you can see, I attached this piece of acetate to the card stock using my corner punch and some strategically placed glue dots.   As long as you put the glue dots on the darker areas, you will be fine.  I shaded the edges of the whisper white with garden green ink to match the layer of card stock behind it.  The garden green card stock has been run through the big shot in an impression folder to add dimension to the card.  Let's look at the daisy a little closer.


I chose to layer this one on whisper white in order to insure the daisies would stay looking as white as they could.  It also helped to keep the blue sky nice and blue.  One day,  I will tell you about the different types of glitter you can use and how each one differs from the other.  Trust me, it does matter which glitter you use for a card like this.  But for today, just enjoy the daisies.  This one really reminds me of spring and the beautiful flowers all in bloom.  Yes, I think daisies are a friendly flower.  They bring a smile to my face every time I see them.
I hope you enjoyed the card today.  Be sure to drop by tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment