CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fireman Bear

Two of my favorite things in the world are my husband and teddy bears.  My husband is the love of my life, my best friend, and my hero.  You see, he is a true hero.  He is the captain of a ladder company for the fire department.  He heads a citizen emergency response team, and he teaches cpr/first aid.  On top of all that, he is the best husband I could ever wish for and a wonderful father to our 2 girls.  As for my love of teddy bears, well that goes back as long as I can remember.  I just adore having them all over my home.  They make me feel happy. 

It made sense to me to do a punch art project that would combine these 2 favorites of mine.  So I turned to my Under the Stars stamp set and took out the bear.  He is probably my favorite stamp to work with.  I love dressing him up.  Then I started working on a firefighter outfit for him, and here is what I came up with:


I thought he turned out rather well. Now I have to be honest and tell you my husband does not share my love of teddy bears, but he does allow me to have them.  He thought the bear was silly but that it would make a cute card for a child.  I can agree with that.  I need to work on the hose a little more.  While I like the idea, I would like to get the crease where the hose twists a little smoother.  As for the fire outfit, I really like it.  He looks ready to go into the fire and do his job.  All in all this is a punch art creation I will be making again and again.

Thanks for stopping by today to see Mr. Fire Bear.  Please leave comments if you like.  I would love to hear what you think of him.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment