CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

More Triple Blossom Punch Fun

So the other day, I was surfing through some of my favorite blog sites just to see what other demonstrators are doing.  Sometimes, there are links to take me to new sites I have never been to before.  I happen to come across one by Chanda Stehlik (I hope I spelled that right).  Anyway, I had never been there before but she had the cutest card with adorable little watermelons on it.  I was hooked.  I had to stay and read her blog to see how she did them.  Imagine my surprise at learning they were made using the new triple layer blossom punch.  My thought:  I own that punch!!!  So I started making my own watermelon pieces.

Now watermelon always reminds me of summertime.  As I was making watermelons and trying to decide what to design on my card, my daughter walked in and suggested I put the flip flops from the Sunny Fun stamp set on the card with them.  So here is what I came up with:


I did the technique I have termed imbedded embossing again.  I made my watermelons, adhered them to the whisper white card stock, and ran it through the big shot.  I used an impressions folder from a different company (shame on me) that gave the look of mosaic tile on it.  Now you do have to remember, you will need a little muscle power to run this through your big shot as it is several layers you are going through.  For the actual watermelons, I used melon mambo, garden green, and basic black.  I used a basic black solid flower, adhered the garden green outer ring, and then adhered the melon mambo inner flower.  This way, the black shows through giving the appearance of seeds.    Then you can cut them into pieces to use.  I used colored pencils to color my flip flops and inked the outer edge of the flip flop piece with both melon mambo and garden green ink.  Not bad for a first attempt.

Once again we have reached another Friday.  I wish all of you a fantastic weekend filled with fun.  I have quite a busy one myself.  Monday, I will share a graduation card I made for our niece.  Until then, thanks for dropping by today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment