CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Rainy Day Fun

One of the down sides to living in Arizona, especially Phoenix, is we do not get a lot of rainy days.  Personally, I love rainy days.  I enjoy the sound of the rain on my rooftop, and the rhythm of the rain coming down.  Whenever we travel in our RV, I always hope for a rainy day because the rain really makes a cool sound on the RV roof.  Silly I know but when most of your year if filled with beautiful, sunny days, you learn to appreciate the rain.

Last Friday I shared with you the new triple punches offered in the Summer Mini from Stampin' Up!.  When I shared the Blossom punch, I told you I would show you a way to use the pieces left when you punch the triple setting and the petals are actually punched out.  The shape you are left with is a teardrop.  Now I had used Marina Mist, and when I looked at those pieces, they reminded me of rain.


This card immediately popped into my head.  I knew the Totally Tess stamp set would be fun to use.  This was a simple card to make and was also time friendly as it went together very quickly.  Let me show you a closer look at Tess and those raindrops.

It only seemed fitting to watercolor Tess since she is walking in the rain.  I did add glitter to this card.  I could not help myself.  The umbrella is trimmed in it, the puddles have a little, and of course, those cute raindrops received a little too.  By the way, if you are wondering how I made the puddles, I used the wide oval punch, punched out 2 of them, and then took my paper snips (scissors) and trimmed them to look like puddles.  
This was the first idea I had for using those little pieces.  I am currently working on several cards and ideas, including other ways to put these small pieces to work.  I really love it when I can use every scrap I have.  

I want to thank all my friends who came to the Crop Party I held this past Saturday.  I had such a good time seeing everyone and crafting the day away.  It is always fun to be with friends.  I hope you all had as wonderful of a weekend as I did.

Let me know if you need a Summer Mini catalog and I will get one for you.  Please email me if you have any questions or leave me a comment.  I would love to hear from you.  Thanks for stopping by today, and I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment