CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Under The Sea

Okay now don't think this is about the Little Mermaid.  After all, there are lots of things under the sea.  The ocean has always fascinated me as well as frighten me.  The fish and other sea creatures are so interesting to learn about and to watch.  However, I do not think I want to meet some of them up close.  After all, lots of them are bigger than me. 

As I sat at my crafting table yesterday, I had the new stamp set from the Summer Mini called Summer
Splash in front of me.  I was inspired to make a card using the fish, octopus, and the turtle.  So I started by stamping the images with versamark ink and heat embossing them using the me Wild Wasabi, Melon Mambo, and Tangerine Tango embossing powders also in the mini.  (I'm telling you, you need one of these catalogs.  It is filled with fun items.)  Once they were embossed, I cut each one out.  Then I wondered what in the world I was going to do with them.  So I turned to my Cricut machine and this is what I came up with:


I used a cartridge called Life's A Beach and cut out the base card in Marina Mist.  It not only cut the card but also made with window with the coral.  Then I cut the coral out by itself using Certainly Celery.  I glued these on top of the coral and added Certainly Celery glitter to make them stand out.  I turned to my retired stamp set called Crab & Company and used the seashell for the outer part of the frame.  I sponged it with Marina Mist ink and then stamped the shell using the same ink.  My little fish are out for a swim and look like they are having a good time.

Now you may be wondering where is the octopus and the turtle?  Well, I did not feel they would fit well on the front so I decided to put them inside the card.


As you can see, I made my little octopus guys multicolor.  I like the look on them.  The piece of green coral was an extra that was cut out with the two pieces on the front.  I chose to not glitter it because I did not want the glitter on my saying, and we all know glitter goes everywhere.  You can kind of see the shiny glow of the embossing on the octopus at the top.   All in all, I can think of several friends who would love to receive this card in the mail.  I know it brightened my day, and considering this is laundry day, I needed something to add a little excitement.  

It is hard to believe we are approaching the end of May.  Where has the time gone?  I hope all of you are spending some time each day for yourself.  It is so important to make time to do something you enjoy every day.  I appreciate the time you have spent with me today.  See you tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment