CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, July 22, 2011

There's A Monster On My Card!!

Well I guess that it would be better to have one on a card than under your bed.  Ever since I saw Disney's Monster Inc. years ago, I have a new found affection for these creatures.  When the 2010-2011 SU! catalog came out last summer, it had a stamp set in it called Make A Monster .  Needless to say, I ordered it rather quickly and could not wait to play with it.  I will admit that other things did become more important and I completely forgot I even had the set for a while.  When I saw it on my shelf the other day, I knew it was time to play. 


Sorry about the lighting of these pictures.  One of the bulbs in my lamp went out and I cannot seem to find the right one anywhere.  
Back to the card, these little creatures just make me laugh.  The stamp set comes with 3 bodies, 5 sets of eyes, 4 mouths, and 3 head toppers ( I say that because they are not all hair).  I stamped my bodies first and then added the eyes and hair and mouth.  Yes I know the green one does not have a mouth.  My daughter pointed that out to me repeatedly.  However, I did not want to put his mouth on his body so I left it off.  I colored them using my colored pencils.  The little circles stamped in the background on the white and pacific point are actually another set of the eyes from the set.  


The "Happy birthday" comes from the stamp set called curly cute.  I stamped it in versamark ink and heat embossed it using the tangerine tango embossing powder.  I love this stuff.  The color really popped and the effect is so cool.

Here is a closeup of the little monsters.  I don't know if you can see the background very well on the tangerine tango piece of card stock, but I ran it through the big shot using the new Stripes impression folder from the 2011-2012 catalog.  I added a little texture but did not take away from the overall monster look.  I can't wait to make more of these little guys!!
Well, that is all for today.  Time to run a few errands.  Hopefully there will be stamp time later.  Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful weekend.  See you Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment