CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here Comes Santa

I usually begin my day by going to some of my favorite blogs, including one for SU! demonstrators.  While I was perusing through the SU! site, I came across the cutest card.  As you know I have been working hard on Christmas designs and this one was too good to pass up.  I decided I had to try to make one myself.  I think you are going to like it. 


Isn't he adorable?  I just loved him from the moment I saw him.  His little face makes up the front of the card leaving the inside for a nice message.  He was so simple to make.  The face is Blushing Bride cut at 3 3/4" x 5".  I used it as the foundation for the face, attaching all other pieces to it.  I chose Cherry Cobbler for his hat.  I used a piece measuring 1" x 3 3/4".  I then used a piece of Shimmer White cut at   1 1/2" x 3 3/4" for his hat trim.  I used my scallop border punch to shape the edge of it.  The mustache is cut from Shimmer White using the Top Note die for the Big Shot.  Finally the beard is a 2" x 3 3/4" .  The mouth is a 1 1/4" circle.  The nose is a 1" circle.  Both are edged in Blushing Bride ink.  The eyes are 3/4" inch circles highlighted with white gel pen.


After I cut the beard and mustache, I placed them in the Manhattan Flower impression folder and ran them through the Big Shot.  The impression left on them really does remind me of a beard. 

For the hat brim, I wanted to embellish it too.  So I chose the Northern Flurry impression folder and placed the hat brim in it.  Once I ran it through the Big Shot, I attached it and really liked the effect.  You can place a sprig of holly with some berries on the hat brim to add even more decoration.  It is really whatever your personal choice is.  
This one really is easy to make and can be completed in a short amount of time.  Give him a try.  Let me know how yours turns out.  That's all for today.  Keep being creative and stop by tomorrow to see what I can come up with next.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment