CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, September 26, 2011

Flying Reindeer and A Jolly Rider

Welcome to a brand new week.  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was fantastic.  It was busy and I must admit I am a little tired today so this will probably be another short blog.  Before I get to that I want to thank everyone who came to the Crop Party on Saturday for coming.  I really enjoyed see all of you. 

Today's card is again a Christmas card.  That really is my favorite holiday and I love making cards for it.  So let's get started on this one.


 The designer paper with the cute pine cones is one I picked up at a scrapbook store a while back.  I used all of it.  I loved the pine cones and the fact they were glittered made them even better.  The rest of the materials used are from Stampin' Up!.  The base card is Old Olive.  I felt it matched the sprigs on the dsp nicely.  I then put a layer of Real Red on it.  My stamp and greeting were stamped on Whisper White and placed on the Red.  I then placed the piece of dsp at the bottom.  To tie the two together, I added a border of Old Olive punched with the eyelet ribbon punch with a piece of Real Red grosgrain ribbon across it.  This hides the meeting of the papers nicely and adds a touch of class to the card.


I used the spotlight technique on this card.  That is where you pick one part of the card to stand out.  In this case I chose Santa and his sleigh.  This stamp is from the retired set Wandering Words.  First I stamped this entire stamp in Close to Cocoa on Whisper White.  Then I stamped the image again on a piece of scrap Whisper White in Real Red.  Using my 1" circle punch, I punched out the Santa and sleigh.  Now comes the hard part.  I attached my punched piece to the White carefully lining up the reins of the sleigh so they seem like one.  It is attached with a dimensional allowing it to stand out a little from the card.  I guess it really isn't that hard to do but I am always worried that I will not line it up right.  

Well that's it for today.  I am going to go put my feet up for a while and then work on another card.  I hope you all have a Marvelous Monday.  Thanks for dropping in and please come back tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment