CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Little Polar Bear

Bears are my favorite stuffed animals to have.  I have always loved them since I was a little girl.  I enjoy watching the real ones on TV or at the zoo but I must say I am okay without meeting a real one.  Anyway, I have the most adorable polar bear all dressed up for the cold weather that comes out at Christmastime.  Today, I was thinking of him and decided to make a Christmas card with a polar bear on it.


This little guy is made completely from punches.  His ears and muzzle are a 1/2" circle, his head is the owl punch, his body is the 1 3/4" circle punch, and his feet and arms are the small oval.  His eyes and nose come from the owl punch also as well as the hearts on his feet.  The "pads" on his paws are 1/4" circle punches.  After punching all the Whisper White pieces, I edge them all with Bashful Blue ink.  This helps the little bear stand out.  White gel pen highlights the eyes and nose.  The base card is Soft Suede.  The first layer is Bashful Blue.  I used the snowflake from the retired stamp set Sparkly & Bright.  I stamped it with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  The "snow" layers are torn strips of Whisper White.  I added Dazzling Diamond glitter to the edged of each strip.  The Santa stamp is  from the retired stamp set Christmas Punch.  I inked the stamp with VersaMark ink and then Real Red ink and stamped it.  I then heat embossed it with red tinsel embossing powder.  I then punched it out using the postage stamp punch.  


This is the inside greeting of the card.  It is from the Sparkly & Bright stamp set (retired).  I stamped it in real red ink and punched it out using the Decorative Label punch.  I edged it with real red ink and added a red gem to the dot of the exclamation point.   I guess I could have added it to the dot over the "i".  Maybe next time.

Well that is it for today.  I hope you liked the card.  Please come back to visit tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping in today.


No comments:

Post a Comment