CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pandas and Bamboo

I love bears of all kinds.  When I was little, I received a stuffed Panda bear for Christmas.  I loved that bear so much.  His fur wore off and he had a hole so his stuffing came out just a little.  You know I still have him today.  He lives in my home and will always be with me.  Pandas make me think of bamboo.  When I was teaching, I had a student who gave me some bamboo to grow.  Now for those who know me, you know I have a black thumb not a green one.  I was worried about not being able to care for it but I wanted to try since it was a gift.  I placed the little pot on my kitchen counter by the window and watched it grow.  Do you know it grew and grew?  I lived for several years and ended up so tall I had to place it in a large container on the floor.  I was amazed. 

Now what does all this have to do with cards?  Well, my card today has both of these things on it:  a panda and bamboo.   I used Stampin' Up cardstock to create the card as well as SU! pastels for the background.  I used SU! punches and the lattice impression folder was used with the big shot for the hat too.  Other than that, the rest was made with my computer and my Cricut machine.


Isn't he adorable?  I love his little hat!  I used a Cricut cartridge called Create a Critter for this little guy.  Now I love love love all Stampin' Up! products but as I have said before, I had several of my machines and stamps and other card making items prior to becoming a demonstrator.  My Cricut is a machine that I really enjoy using and refuse to get rid of.  So every now and then, I buy a new cartridge for it or pull an old one out and create.  Today was one of those days I just wanted to play with it.  The neat thing about this is the machine cuts out all the pieces and accessories.  All I have to do is put it all together, add a few extra touches, and there you have it.  You do have to take time to cut out the pieces in the various colors you will be using.  The bamboo is from Lucky Limeade card stock and has been enhanced by drawing lines on the leaves and bamboo with the matching SU! marker.  The panda is easy since he is black and white.  The hat was made with More Mustard and Chocolate Chip card stock.  Before placing the Mustard on the panda, I ran it through the big shot to add texture to it.  


I love the straw look the lattice folder gives to the hat.  It makes it more real to me.  The greeting on the card was made by me using my computer.  I did not have a stamp set that fit this card so I made it up myself.  I have been know to do this in the past.  Sometimes, I type it and print it out while other time I do it by hand.  I used the Large Scallop oval punch and layered it on top of the scallop oval.  I added dazzling diamond glitter to the panda's eyes and to the greeting for a little pizzazz!


This is the inside of my card.  Again, I typed the greeting, printed it out, and punched it out with the decorative label punch.  I then made the frame for it and of course added more glitter dots to jazz it up too.  The cute little bowl, the noodles, and the chop sticks all come from the Cricut.  These are part of the accessories you get with the panda.  I could have made the bowl a solid color but I thought the happy face was too cute.  I layered the red bowl with the face on top of a black bowl so the black would show through the eyes and mouth.  I then added black glitter to them.  Overall, a very cute card!!
Well, I am off to create again.  Maybe I will use my Cricut again or maybe I will use punches or I could just stamp.  I guess I will have to see what strikes me when I get into my room.  Thanks for dropping by today.  See you tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment