CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pretty in Pink

My favorite color in the world is pink.  Now when I was little, I really loved the color red which is part of the pink family and my preference just seemed to evolve into pink the older I got.  It is frustrating to me because with my skin tone, pink does not look good on me.  I do wear it sometimes around my house but never out.  So I was thrilled to be asked to make today's card for sharing because the color scheme is pink. 


Isn't this just the cutest card?  Okay so if pink is not your favorite color, imagine it in a color scheme you would love.  Let's start by talking about the base card and background.  The base card is Rose Red.  This is a really deep pink, close to red but not quite there.  I then took a piece of Whisper White card stock and ran it through the big shot using the Petals A Plenty impression folder.  So far every thing is from SU! but here is where I go off the track.  For the center of the flowers, I wanted to use a glitter glue to highlight them.  Since SU! only has the Dazzling Details which is like a clear, I went to my box of Stickles.  I pulled out a color called Fruit Punch to use.  I think it looks great and added some dazzle to the card.  Let's look at the dress now.

I love these little dresses.  They remind me of a ballerina and of course, I took ballet when I was growing up.  This actually reminds me of a costume I had for a recital where I was a flower.  There was not an owl on my outfit, but it was pink.  This owl paper is not from SU!. I came across it at a local scrapbook store a few years ago and since it was pink with glitter I had to have it.  I started the dress by punching a 1" circle out of the owl paper, then lined up my rounded tab punch and punched out the body of the dress.  This way I could line up the scoop neck where I wanted it to go.  I then added Fruit Punch stickles to it to make it shine even more.   Then I got out my handy blossom builder punch and punched out small petals in Lucky Limeade card stock and dotted it with the Dazzling Details (this one is from SU!).  For the lare petals of the tutu, I again used the blossom builder punch.  This time, I used a vellum I got when I bought the owl paper.  It has white dots and stars on it which have some glitter on them.  So I thought this printed vellum would look really good for the skirt.  I used the Fruit Punch stickles to dot the edges to add a little color.  Layer the green petals on the vellum, then attach the petals to the bodice.  Easy as pie!!


The stamp I chose for the greeting is from Inkadinkado.  I stamped it using StazOn ink.  For the colors of the letters and balloons, I chose Rose Red, Pretty In Pink, and Regal Rose SU! markers.  I colored them in a pattern.  Then I punched it out using the Designer Label punch.  I added Dazzling Detail dots and edged it using Rose Red ink to help it stand out on the card.  

For tomorrow and Friday, I am going to attempt to photograph the 2 cards I posted before that had their picture disappear.  If the photos upload, I will re do the posts so that you can see the cute cards.  I have deleted the previous ones from my blog.  Hopefully all goes well and I can share these with you.  

Thanks for all your feedback and for dropping in today to see the card I made.  Please stop by tomorrow.  See you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment