CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Purple People Eater

Do you remember that song about the Purple People Eater?  I think that is such a funny song.  I find myself singing it often and love to hear it on the radio.  Well as we approach Halloween, it seems that a purple monster would make for a cute card.  I taught a class on these two years ago.  I think everyone had a good time making them.  My memory is not what it use to be and 2 years is a long time to me. 


Isn't he cute?  As I was looking at him, I did realize the stamp I used in the background is now retired but almost everything else is current in the catalog.  The bat stamp is from the retired set called Scary Skeleton.  The circle of Pumpkin Pie is a 3 1/2" circle which I cut out using the 3 1/2" circle die for the big shot.  I then stamped the bats using basic black ink.  Now as for the Old Olive layer, it is embossed with an impression folder not from Stampin' Up! but the bubbles seemed to go well with this guy.  The actual base card is Rich Razzleberry, which is also the color of the monster.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  If you haven't guessed by now, it is one of my favorites to use.  It has greetings for lots of holidays as well as most occasions .  Happy Halloween is stamped in Pumpkin Pie ink on Whisper White and punched out using the word window punch. 


Now to the monster himself.  For his body, I punched out a 1 3/4" scallop circle.  Using re positional adhesive, I attached it to a piece of scrap paper.  I then put it back into the scallop punch offsetting the scallops.  This gives the outside edge the look of a medallion that you see in the picture.  I then punched a 1 1/4" circle in Whisper White and layered a 1" circle in Basic Black on top of it.  The antennas are word windows with 1/2" circles on the ends.  Of course, I added dazzling diamond glitter to it to jazz him up.  His legs are just little scraps of Basic Black cardstock.  As for his little feet, it is a 1" circle punched in Basic Black, cut it in half, and then take one of the halves and cut it in half again.  Pretty simple to make but adorable none the less.  

I spent time yesterday with my aunt, helping her clean out some things from her house.  I love spending time with her because I know it will be a day of laughter and good memories.  But, boy am I tired today!!  So I am going to craft a little and rest a little.  I will return tomorrow with another card to share.  Please come back by to visit.  Thanks for stopping in today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment