CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Repeat Blog #2 - Rudolph

Today I am prepared to share the other blog that had the disappearing photos with it.  This one is a Christmas card.  It used the owl builder punch which if you haven't guess by now is one of my favorite punches.  As my daughter says it is probably the best punch I have had in a long time.  The versatility of it is so great.  Now back to my card.


Here we see Rudolph before that magical sleigh ride he takes each year.  When I was growing up, I use to look forward to watching this Christmas special each year.  I still watch it every year and enjoy every minute of it.  I was so happy to be able to make this card in honor of Rudolph.  My base cared is Cherry Cobbler with a layer of Whisper White on top.  Now you may be saying "I don't see any white except the snow."  Well that is because I took the first layer of white and used my SU! pastels (chalks) to color it a light blue.  Then I tore several strips of white and layered then on top to create the snow.  I used a snowflake stamp from the retired stamp set called Christmas Punch.  I stamped them on the "blue" part of the card using VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with white embossing powder with some glitter in it.  I then used my handy two way glue pen to trace along the edge of the snow layers and added dazzling diamond glitter to them.  I bet that did not surprise you.   After all, you know how I like things to sparkle.


Here is little Ruddy.  Can you see the owl punch?  The owl body is used in 2 places here:  first as the head and then as the body.  For the head, you cut off the feet, add the owl builder eyes, and add a glimmer brad for the nose.  By the way, the color I used for the head, body, and legs is Soft Suede, edged with the same color ink.  The body is the owl turned side ways.  Trim off the feet and one ear.  The other ear becomes the tail.  For the legs, I used that little left over strip you get when you use the scallop border punch.  You know the one that is punched off.  If you do not have this you can use strips that are about 1/4" .  His hooves come from another left over strip in Basic Black.  For the antlers, I used the snowflake punch with Chocolate Chip card stock.  You can make 3 sets of antlers from each snowflake.  He is attached to the card using dimensionals. 

For the sleigh, I started by punching out a designer label in Cherry Cobbler.  I then trimmed it free hand into the shape I wanted for the sleigh.  I outlined the sleigh with gold glitter and set it aside to dry.  For the ski, I used Basic Black for my color on this one but next time I think I will use the Brushed Silver card stock.  Anyway, using my modern label punch, I punched out a piece of the black card stock.  I then trimmed it to be the shape I wanted for the ski.   Next, stamp 2 set of presents from the Load of Love Accessories stamp set using StazOn ink.  I used my SU! markers to color the presents, cut them out and placed then on my card in the sleigh.  Most of the presents I left attached to each other but a few had to be snipped off as individuals.  It is really not as bad as it may sound to do all the steps and the end result is definitely worth it.   

Well I must say I feel better now knowing I have posted this again as well as yesterdays.  I truly apologize for the pictures disappearing before.  I still do not know just what happened.  Oh well, I hope these stay for you.  Thanks for dropping by today.  Have a wonderful weekend and I will be back on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment