CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

So Sorry

This past weekend I was informed that a couple of my blogs were missing pictures.  So I logged into my blog, found the 2 cards, and reloaded the pictures.  All day Saturday and Sunday I checked to see if the pictures were still there and they were.  Then on Monday, they mysteriously disappeared again.  I truly apologize for this.  I cannot figure out what happened to them.  More than likely, I will delete both blog entries and redo them for you so that hopefully you can see the wonderful pictures. 

Now lets move on to a happier topic.  My card for today is a Happy Harvest card.  Now I know this may sound silly but every time I work with the phrase Happy Harvest, I think of the Judy Garland movie called Summer Stock.  She goes into town to get a tractor and as she drives it home, she sings a song with that phrase in it.  I have to admit it is one of my favorite movies and I love to sing along with her.  So let's look at the card now.


I used the color Always Artichoke for my base card.  There is only one layer on the card mainly because I wanted to create a scene.  I took a piece of Whisper White and using my handy pastels, I chalked the sky first and then the ground.  Again, this is my favorite way to make backgrounds for my cards.  My choice for my stamp sets for this one are Loads of Love and the Loads of Love Accessories sets.   I stamped the truck onto the background using StazOn ink.  I did this after chalking the background on.  Since I would be paper piecing the truck, I did not worry about the chalk showing through the truck.  I then stamped a tree on each side of the truck.  For my greeting I stamped it on Whisper White, edged it with Always Artichoke ink and snipped on end to make a flag type tail.  In my mind I can see a plane flying through the sky with this behind it.  So on my card you just can't see the plane.  


Here you can see my little truck.  I colored the tires with black marker knowing it would cover the chalk.  I then chose a piece of designer paper, non SU! I'm afraid.  I started by stamping the truck onto it and then cut it out.  I made sure to cut the windshield off and then cut out the window.  I adhered this to the truck frame on the card creating the cute green truck you see.  I also cut out the hubcaps for the wheels and attached them.   Grabbing a piece of scrap white card stock, I stamped the pumpkins and the lady with StazOn ink.  I then used my handy SU! markers to color them, cut them out, and adhered them to the truck to complete my picture.  Not bad if I do say so myself.

Well, I guess it is time to head into my craft room to start my next project.  I have been busily decorating my house for Halloween and need to make a few items to complete the look.  Maybe I will share these with you too.  Thanks for dropping in today and please come back tomorrow.  See you then.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment