CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

There's A Peacock on the Loose

When I was growing up, we lived in a neighborhood with a home that raised peacocks.  I can remember them wandering around the streets and doing that beautiful scream that they let out on a whim.  So when I sat down to design my daughter's birthday card I decided to make her a beautiful peacock. 


She has always loved the color blue so I decided to stick with it and use Tempting Turquoise and Pacific Point card stock.  I added Wild Wasabi to make the body and Tangerine Tango for the beak and feet.  He is just adorable.  I created the background by punching out 3/4" and 1" circles.  I layered them together and adhered them to Whisper White cardstock.  I then ran it through the big shot using the Houndstooth impression folder and edged it with Turquoise ink.  I then attached it to a piece of Pacific Point card stock that I had run through the big shot with the perfect polka dots impression folder.  The base card is Tempting Turquoise.  


The peacock is made entirely of punches.  I used the ornament for the body, the bird builder for the wings, the word window for the neck, and the 1 1/4" circle for the head.  The eyes are from the owl builder.  The feet come from one of the flowers in the boho blossom punch.  For the feathers I used the modern label punch and the circle from the itty bitty punch pack.  White gel pen highlights the circles on the feathers.  The beak is from the retired small star but you could use the heart from the owl builder for it. 


For my greeting, I used the Curly Cute stamp set.  I wanted it to be colorful like the card so I used my Stampin' Up! markers to color the letters of the stamp.  That way I could use the 3 main colors and make it unique.  One I had it stamped and cut out, I edged it using the same 3 colors.  I love the festive look it gives to the greeting and to the card.  
My daughter loved the card.  She tells me every year how much she looks forward to seeing what I come up with for her card.  It is a challenge to always try to be unique and different but since it brings her such joy it is worth the effort.  

Today I will be working on a special card for a special person.  I will share it with you tomorrow if I get it finished.  Oh well, I better get my laundry done so I can get to work on the card.  Thanks for dropping by and I will see you tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment