CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Turkey from a Peacock?

Okay so I know that must sound a little weird.  You are probably thinking I have lost my mind.  However, let me explain what my title means.  A while back I showed you my punch samples that I display in my craft room.  One of the animals was a beautiful peacock.  He was inspired by another demonstrator and I just love him.  He is easy to make and so vivid.  Well, I was in the shower the other morning thinking about what type of card I would make for today.  My peacock came to mind but a funny thing happened.  I started thinking about taking the basic body of the peacock and changing the plumage to make a turkey.  I immediately knew what punches I would use and how I would assemble him. 


So here he is in all his glory.  For the base card I used garden green.  I took a piece of whisper white card stock to layer on it.  Using fall colors, I cut out leaves with my Leaves #2 die for the big shot.  My fall colors are cajun craze, tangerine tango, cherry cobbler, and daffodil delight.  I attached the leaves to the white and then ran it through the big shot using the Houndstooth impression folder.  I love the way the leaves become one with the base card stock by doing this.  It is such a cool technique.  I sponged the edges of this with the fall colors and attached it to the green card.


For my turkey I used all Stampin' Up! punches to make him.  His head is a 1 1/4" circle. It is attached to the body by a word window which serves as the neck.  The body is the ornament punch with the hook part cut off.  The wings come from the bird builder punch.  All of these are punched out of chocolate chip card stock.  His feet are one of the flowers from the boho blossom punch.  You need 2, one for each foot.  They are tangerine tango.  For the eyes, I turned to my handy owl builder punch.  The beach is a prong off of a star.  It is the small star punch which is retired but you can improvise by doing it free handed or use the heart from the owl builder punch.  For his gobbler (is that what it is called?) I punched a flower out using the triple layer flower punch.  When you do this, you get these nifty little pieces shaped like a raindrop left over.  I used one of these for this part and it is out of cherry cobbler paper.  That just leaves his lovely feathers.  They are all from the blossom builder punch.  I used the large petal with scallops for all of them.  They are punched out of the fall colors I mentioned above and layered on to make a lovely fan of feathers.  He is attached using dimensionals.


For the greeting, I turned to my Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  I stamped the greeting on whisper white and punched it out with the word window.  I then sponged the edges using the fall colors.  It was layered onto a garden green modern label.   I attached it to the card with dimensionals.


For the inside saying, I used a stamp not from SU!.  I know I know.  How dare I stray from my wonderful SU!.  However, I love this saying and wanted to use it.  It is stamped on white, sponged with the fall colors around the edge, and attached to the green card with runner adhesive.  Pretty nice looking if you ask me.
Well, I really want to thank all of you who brought to my attention the fact that a few pictures on my blog were not showing up.  I do not know what happened.  One minute they were part of my photo album and the next they disappeared.  Last I checked they are still there now.  Please feel free to let me know anytime something like this happens.  

I wish you all a marvelous Monday.  Thanks for taking time to stop by and visit.  I will see you again tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment