CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Another Elf? Or Is It A Boy?

As I was organizing my Christmas cards I ran across one I made a couple of years ago with the cutest little elf on it.  Now when you see it, you may think it is a boy or a child and I guess it really could be.  You see, he does not have pointy ears.  So maybe I should refer to him as a child.  I will let you be the judge.


As you can see he is peeking over the present.  He is an easy one to make since you are only focused on his head and hands.  I used the ornament punch for the head and the hat.  To make the hat, you punch out an ornament in real red.  Then offset the punch a little from the hole and punch again.  A white pom pom ball finishes it off.  His nose is a 1/4" circle punch and his hands are from the boho blossom punch.  I decided for this one to draw on his eyes and mouth although you could use the owl builder punch for the eyes. 


Here is the entire card.  The base card is whisper white.  I folded a 5" x 11" piece in half, placed it on the clear scallop square die leaving the folder side below the blade so it would not be cut.  I ran it through the big shot and made a beautiful scallop card.  I then added a layer of old olive which had been run through the big shot in an impression folder.  This one is not from SU!.  It is a Cuttlebug folder with snowflakes all over it.  To complete my picture I took some scraps of Christmas paper that I bought at a craft store and cut them down to the sizes I wanted my presents to be.  Then I used some ribbon I had on hand to "wrap" around the presents.  Next it was time to stack them on the card front, attach the little hands or the edge of the top one, and place the face on the top too.  I did not cut off the top of the ornament for this one.  Instead, it is tucked under the present.  Any part of it you might see would simply look like the boys neck.  
I think he is pretty cute but I think I will call him a boy.  My elf with the pointy ears has him beat as an elf.  Oh well, punch and learn.  I am so happy you stopped by today to see this card.  I encourage you to return tomorrow.  Until then thanks for dropping by today.

No comments:

Post a Comment