CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Another Halloween Box

It's Wonderful Wednesday!!  At least I hope it will be wonderful.  Yesterday was a terrific day here in sunny Phoenix.  It was actually overcast and breezy.  I was able to turn my air conditioning off for a while and open the windows and doors.  I think our little dog Sadie enjoyed it the most.  She does not like to be out in the heat during summer so this was a real treat for her.

I came across another Halloween box that I made 2 years ago as I was cleaning out some things.  While the designer paper I used is retired as well as the stamp set, the box could easily be made using current dsp and stamps.  So I thought why not share it with you.  It is a project I did for a stamp camp held by a fellow demonstrator.  Although she was not my upline, she asked if I would participate and teach a project so I did.  It was a lot of fun believe me.  Anyway let's get back to my box.


I wanted to start by showing you the side view of the box.  As you can see, you actually make 2 boxes, one in basic black and one in pumpkin pie.  Usually you would fold the tops down to close the box.  However for this project, you will assemble the box, fold the side flaps inside the box adhering them with sticky strip, and leave the top open all the way.  These boxes were made using the Box #2 die for the big shot.  When it cuts the box out, it also scores the fold lines for you.  You simply do not fold on the score lines for the lid of the box.  Once you have both boxes assembled, place them back to back and adhere them together with sticky strip.  I placed my sticky strip around the edges and on the actual box part.  Do not put it across the mid section of the lid because as you will see in the next picture you need room to punch.


Here you can see the basic black side of the box.  Notice that I used my wide oval punch to punch out a section of the lids to create a handle.  Because you are punching through 2 pieces of card stock, it will take a bit of strength to punch it completely.  Good way to build up your muscles though!  I cannot remember the name of the dsp but I chose a pattern, cut it to fit the side and adhered it with my runner adhesive.   I wanted a little border at the bottom so I used old olive card stock and cut a piece to fit the dsp.  The pumpkins are from the retired stamp set called Pumpkin Patch.  I stamped them using pumpkin pie, basic black, and old olive inks.  Once stamped, they were cut out.  The 2 oval side pumpkins are adhered using my runner adhesive while the middle one is attached using a dimensional.  A piece of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon was added for a little color to the handle and I was ready to move on to the other side.


Here is the pumpkin pie side.  Again, I attached a piece of dsp to the box first.  Then using my big shot, I cut out 2 old olive swirls using the sizzlits die called Scribbles Swirls.  I attached those to the dsp using the tombo glue.  The greeting is from the Pumpkin Patch stamp set and was stamped on whisper white using basic black ink.  I then punched it out with my large oval.  Taking a scrap piece of basic black, I punched out a scallop oval and layered the large oval white greeting onto it.  I then attached it to the box using a dimensional.  

You could easily duplicate this box for Halloween using the current papers and stamp set available.  You can also make them for other holidays by changing the colors, dsp and stamps to fit whatever holiday it is.  

I hope you have a wonderful day and I will return tomorrow and show you another stain glass card I worked on recently.  Until then, thanks for dropping by today.  See you tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment