CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

Welcome to a brand new week and a big HAPPY HALLOWEEN to all.  I hope you all had a nice weekend.  Mine was filled with a family dinner, lots of laundry, and a day of pumpkin carving.  It is tradition in our little family to carve pumpkins.  We select a day near Halloween, have both our girls and their boyfriends come over, carve pumpkins and eat a meal together.  It is a lot of fun and I enjoy the time with our daughters so much.

I sat down on Saturday this past weekend to work on a couple of cards and could not decide what to do for today.  I knew it would be Halloween but that's not going to be the theme of the card for today.  I wanted to completely go a different direction and do something cute to share.  So I decided to Iris Fold again.  You remember it is a paper folding technique.  Today's card would be perfect for someone who just had a new baby boy.  Subtle changes would easily make this a girl's card.  Here we go.


This card measures 5" x 7".  I used a white card as my base.  The water drop paper is from my local craft store.  I love the little button brads that I used to attach my little duck to the water drop paper.  By changing out the background paper to a pink and using pink buttons, this would become a little girl card.  Of course if you want to use it for a shower where you do not know if the baby is a boy or a girl, I would go with neutral colors like pastel green or yellow to make a gender neutral card.  As for the duck, it would stay the same.  Let's look at the duck for a minute.

Here is my little ducky close up.  I am hoping you can see that I started with a piece of shimmery white card stock.  Using my light box, I traced my duck pattern on the card stock.  Once the tracing was finished, I used my craft knife to cut the duck out.  My color choices for the duck were pretty easy.  I will admit I used non Stampin' Up! card stock to make this card.  I wanted to use a yellow that was a little softer than my SU! ones.  The orange is one I had in my stash of papers.  I love the look of the folds.  In a way, it reminds me of the feathers on a duck.  I used a blue brad for the eye simply because I liked it.  
Now it is time to get ready for all the trick or treaters!!  I hope you have your candy ready.  Remember to be careful out there tonight and keep you animals inside.  Have a Spook-tastic night.  Thanks for stopping by and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment