CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ice Cream Anyone!!

Welcome to Thursday everyone.  We are getting close to another weekend.  Where does the week go?  I always seem to have so much to do and no time to do it.  Before I know it the week is gone and my list still has items on it.  One item I crossed off is my class that was scheduled for tonight.  There was just not enough interest in it so I will have to try to reschedule for another time.  Oh well, guess I will get some other task done instead.

Today, I went back to a technique I have shown before but not for awhile.  It is called Iris Folding.  It is a form of paper folding used to create a design.  You begin with an outline of what you want to make, trace it onto the card stock and cut it out with a craft knife.  I use a light box to do my tracing.  It makes it much easier.  This particular card has been made for a birthday.


Now I will admit, all supplies for this card are non Stampin' Up! products.  I have a bin of paper from before I was a demonstrator and got my shiny card stock from a local craft store.  The cute little ice cream brads I used are an item I bought several years ago at the stamp convention (which by the way is coming up on Nov. 5th and 6th).  I really enjoy this technique.  The finished look is always so beautiful.  I love the way the cone looks.  I was lucky and found a scrap that had ice cream on it for my background layer.  This card is a 5" x 7".  Let's look at the cone a little closer.


The layering of the cone is my favorite part of this.  Finding the coordinating papers for the scoop part of this was the most difficult part of it.  Once I chose the paper the rest was easy.  The technique is simple paper folding which is layered in a spiral formation.  Some people choose to leave the center open while I prefer to cover it with a piece of the dsp.  

Well I know this is a short post but I really have a lot to do.  So off I go to work.  Thanks for dropping by today.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment