CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 14, 2011

The Pilgrims Have Arrived

Staying in the Thanksgiving theme, I really wanted to do a card with some pilgrim people on it.  My problem was I did not know exactly what to do to make them.  So I turned to my punch art sample board for some inspiration.  I had almost given up hope when I came across my little girl who looks like she is from the 1960's.  For some reason, I could visualize taking the basic pieces of her and making them into pilgrims.  It took some trial and error attempts before I got the look I really wanted but I was pretty pleased with the results.  I will tell you the base card is Crumb Cake and the greeting is from the Teen Tiny Wishes stamp set.  All punches used are from SU! as well as the card stock for the pilgrims.  The dsp used is not a SU! product.  I got a pack of dsp at a local craft store that I loved for this holiday and used it.  So let's start by looking at the pilgrims individually.



Here is my pilgrim boy.  I actually went on the internet, found a picture of pilgrims that I liked and used it as my guide for dressing them.  The hat is the large oval and 1" square punch cut to the shape I want.  The band and buckle are scraps cut to fit.  The head is a 3/4" circle while the hair is from a 1" circle.  I punched a 3/4" circle from black and then punched the 1" circle around it.  I cut it into 4 pieces to make his legs and arms.  The top, collar of top, and pants are the vest from the owl punch.  His shoes are the small hearts from the owl builder punch.  For the buckles on the shoes, I used itty bitty pieces of Daffodil Delight.  The cuffs of the sleeves are from the ring punched around a  1" circle using the 1 1/4" circle punch in white.  You will only use a small bit of it so save the rest for another pilgrim.  The neck is again made like the arms and legs using Blushing Bride card stock.  Again save the extra for another pilgrim.  The hands are actually the feet off the owl. 


Here is the little girl pilgrim.  She is made almost the same as the boy except you will use more vests for her.  Her dress is made from 2 black vests.  The apron is also 2 white vests trimmed to fit as I chose.  I put a piece of black 1/4" grosgrain ribbon around her waist.  Her cuffs, head, bangs,hands and feet are made the same as the boy.  The back part of her hair is the owl punch turned upside down as is the bonnet.  The front piece of the bonnet is a 1 1/4" circle punched off a 1" circle hole.  In other words punch the 1" first and then using your 1 1/4" circle punch, off set it, and punch.  Trim the ends to the length you want.  

Here is the whole card put together.  I am pretty proud of these little people.  I enjoyed making them and was so excited to see it all come together.  I hope you enjoyed seeing the card too.
Well, we have reached the end of another week.  I wish you all a wonderful weekend and will return on Monday with another project to share.  Thanks for stopping in today.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! This Pilgrim couple is so cute you did a very nice job. I appreciate your directions and measurements. I will try to make this card later this year. I hope my card will be as awesome as yours.

    ReplyDelete