CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, October 10, 2011

A Sad Day

Welcome to a brand new week.  I hope your weekend was filled with fun and family. 

Last Friday, one of my sister's coworkers who is a good friend lost her mom to cancer.  It was a very sad day.  I cannot help but think of my mom when something like this happens and offering our love and support is a must.  So I am afraid that this event is what my card for today is about.  As soon as my sister received the news, she called me and asked me to make a sympathy card.  Of course I said yes and set my self to work on it.


When I need to make a sympathy card I always start with a cross.  I have a very deep faith and turn to God in times like this so using the cross is just natural to me.  This cross was made using the lattice die for the big shot.  I ran a piece of Very Vanilla card stock through it for my cross and used the other half for my base card.  The 2 other colors I used on this were Rose Red and Pretty in Pink.  I used the corner rounder on this card to round all corners. Before attaching my Pretty in Pink layer to the Rose Red, I ran it through the big shot using the Finial Press impression folder.  Once layer on the Rose Red, I attached it all to the Vanilla base.  The stamped set using for this card is called Thanks for Caring and is unfortunately retired.  I bought this set to use for sympathy cards.  The sayings and designs are just beautiful.  I stamped the verse on a scrap of Vanilla using Rose Red ink, trimmed it down, rounded the corners, and layered it on a scrap piece of Rose Red.  It is attached using my runner adhesive.  I then stamped the butterfly on another piece of Vanilla using the Rose Red ink and cut it out.  


I used my glue pen and added glue to the open areas of the butterfly so dazzling diamond glitter could be added to that.  I then used some pink rhinestones I had for the body just to add a little more dimension to it.  Setting it aside, I punched a designer label out of Rose Red and added dazzling diamond glitter to the edges of it.  Next, I punched a 1" circle out of Pretty in Pink.  I started by attaching the designer label to the card using my runner adhesive.  Then the cross was added using dimensionals to the card.  You do have to cut the dimensionals down to make them fit on the cross.  I used my Tombo glue and attached the 1" circle to  the cross.  The butterfly was then attached with my glue.  

For the inside greeting, I used the one included in the Thanks for Caring stamp set.  It too is stamped in Rose Red ink on Vanilla card stock.  Then it is layered on a piece of Pretty in Pink and Rose Red.  Notice all the corners are rounded again to carry the theme through.  
We send out out thoughts and prayers to Cindy and her dad during this difficult time.  We are here for you if you need anything at all.  

Thanks for stopping by today and I will see you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment