CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 7, 2011

A Scene Close to Home

Happy Friday everyone!!  We have made it through another week and at least this one was cooler!!  I am trying not to watch the forecasts for next week as the temperature are suppose to climb up once again.  I hope they are wrong.  Only time will tell.

Today's card is another stain glass card.  This one really reminds me of Arizona as it is a desert scene.  I picked this stamp up at a convention and really love the results I get with it.


Let's start with the basics for this one.  The base card which you cannot see is Old Olive.  I chose it because it matched my cactus pretty well.  For the front, I decided to frame the stain glass scene using the top note die for the big shot.   I ran a piece of Whisper White through the machine with the top note die.  I set the cut out part aside for future use and used the frame for this one.  I then placed the frame in the Perfect Polka Dots impression folder and put it through the big shot.  I just love the polka dots don't you?!!  The frame measures the same as the base card front which is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  

Here is a close up of the desert scene.  It could be either a sun rise or sun set.  I actually used a blended glitter called Arizona Sun for the sun and its rays.  Once again, the glitter is not from SU!.  I do feel bad for not using theirs but as I have said before I like to have a wide variety of colors to choose from.  Maybe SU! could look into making glitter for all their ink colors.  That would work for me!!
Well it is a short post today but I have a charity event to help my husband prepare for so I need to get going.  I wish all of you a great weekend and hope you will return on Monday for another share.  Thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment