CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, October 28, 2011

A Special Day

Hello everyone.  We have reached the end of another week.  But today is a special day, a sad day for me and my family.  You see today marks the 1 year anniversary of my brother's death.  Not a day goes by that I do not think about him and miss him terribly.  It was my honor to be at his side during the last 16 months of his life and help to care for him.  He was truly the best big brother a girl could ever have.  I have always been told that anniversaries like these become less painful as the years go on.  Not this year.  The feelings are still as real as when it happened and my heart is broken knowing he is no longer here.  I should have known it would be like this.  After all, my mom passed away 4 years ago and I miss her every single day. 

My share for today is unique because I had my brother in mind when I made it.  It is just a card front which means there is no back panel.  I make this type of card to usually trade with other card makers.  This one is going in my sample book and will be around for me to view whenever I want to. 






My color scheme for this card is Whisper White and Bashful Blue.  Now these are important colors in my family.  Being from North Carolina, we are truly UNC Tarheels fans.  My brother went to UNC and followed the basketball team every year.  He was a fanatic about March Madness and charted the teams as they advanced to the playoffs.  I enjoyed watching some of the games with him.  He was an expert in the game and is the reason why I like basketball games today.  I embossed the white card stock using the big shot and the impression folder Elegant Bouquet and then watercolored the flowers and greenery.  I used Garden Green ink, Daffodil Delight ink, Bashful Blue ink and my blender pens to do the coloring.  I like the soft look of the card.  The clouds were punched out of Bashful Blue card stock using the Cupcake builder punch.  It is the top of the cupcake, but don't you agree that it makes a wonderful cloud?!


The stamp comes from the set Ain't Love Grand.  When I chose the balloon stamp, I did it with a purpose.  You see today around 5:30 pm Arizona time, my brother's children and grandchildren will be releasing balloons with messages on them.  I felt the "sending love your way" saying was truly appropriate.  I know I will be sending loving thoughts his way.  I chose to color the balloon in a rainbow fashion as well as the hearts for a specific reason too.  You see we were taught from the time we were little that rainbows represented God's promise to all of us.  During my brother's illness, rainbows were a sign that God was watching and was with us.  My brother and the entire family knew that no matter what the outcome, God would be there.  It was truly amazing how many friends and family members would send pictures of rainbows to my brother and his wife.  I know I did.  On Wednesday afternoon this week, we happened to have a little bit of rain here.  I decided to walk out into the back yard when it had stopped and was amazed to see not a single, but a double rainbow.  I had been thinking of my brother and knew it was a sign that God is still with me and is caring for my brother.  What a comforting thought that is.

If you live in the Phoenix or Anthem area, be sure to meet at the Anthem park this Saturday for Hands Across Anthem.  All proceeds will be going to help a young girl who has stage 4 lung and bone cancer.  I hope lots of people will come and help this family out.  

Have a wonderful weekend and I will see you Monday!!  Don't forget to get your candy for all the trick or treaters that night.  Monday is Halloween.  Wonder what I will make to show you.  Be sure to stop by to see.  Thanks for stopping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment