CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Treats For You

Now this may seem silly to some of you out there, but I love to make special treat holders for my kids at the holidays.  For example, for Easter, I made them all Bunny Boxes filled with silly toys and candy.  The reason this might be strange is because my girls are 19 and 23.  But who doesn't like treats?  I make each of my girls a box as well as their significant others.  Of course, with Halloween coming I thought I would once again make a box for each of them and I wanted to share this with you.


This is how my project started out.  As you can see, I have cut out 4 of the Bags w/Scallops and 14 top notes using my handy Big Shot.  I took 6 of the top notes and ran them through again twice to cut out the small pieces to layer the front of my pumpkin with.   Once all those pieces were cut, I sponged the edges with pumpkin pie ink.  Did I forget to mention I used pumpkin pie card stock?  Silly me.  Using garden green card stock, cut out 2 leaves for each pumpkin with the big shot and the Leaves #2 die.  You can use any of the leaves you would like.  Use the pennant punch with soft suede card stock, you can punch out the non-scallop pennant (4 of them) for the stem.  I always assemble the front piece of the pumpkin before they are attached to the boxes.


Here are the assembled boxes.  I use sticky strip to assemble these to make sure they hold.  Now usually you would fold in the sides and the scallop would be the lid for the bag.  However, for this project, you will actually cut off the scallop lid and leave the box open.  I put sticky strip on the front and back of these without removing the top red strip.  You do not want to remove this until you are ready to adhere the top note front and back.  Also, be sure to only do one side at a time.  But for these pumpkins, I needed to add a little something to them before assembling them.  Then I attached the front and back.  Are you ready for the final product?


Since it's Halloween my pumpkins needed faces!!!!!

Here is a close up of the first 2.

And here are the other 2 close up.  I think these are adorable.  I cannot wait to fill them and give them to my kids on Pumpkin Carving day.  That's right.  In our family, we schedule a day to carve pumpkins.  It's messy but fun!
I hope you enjoyed seeing these.  Have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday.  Thanks for dropping in and I will see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment