CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Up, Up and Away

Before we start for today, I have to tell you God has been so good to us this week with the weather.  It rained some on Tuesday night and the daytime temperatures are forecasted to be in the 70's and 80's!!  I am praying this trend continues.  After months of heat, it is so nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy it.  Of course, this means that I am not at my craft table when I am outside but I am pretty sure I can find time for both.

As I said yesterday, I went back to using my rainbow of glitter yesterday.  I wanted to work with a stamp I got at a convention a few years ago.  I had not used it in a while and thought it was time to see it again.  So I dug it out of my stamp stash and off to work I went.


This is a stamp I have used for graduations over the years with a reach for your dreams type of saying.  It could be used for any occasion  you would like to use it for.  It is such a neat balloon and it really lends itself to the stain glass technique.  Who could ask for more?  My base card is Marina Mist, with a layer of Cajun Craze on top of it.  All card stock is from Stampin' Up!.  I chose to do the outline of the left side and bottom using black glitter so that the balloon would stand out.  Let's take a closer look.

It is more difficult to take a close up of stain glass than other cards because of the shine.  I apologize for the slightly blurry look this has.  The basket of the balloon is colored in with a glitter called Sand.  I have to tell you though as far as I am concerned it is so close to gold, it could be called that.  I used a light blue glitter for my sky so the balloon is the centerpiece and the sky is just background as it should be.  The cloud was colored in with white glitter.  I probably do not need to tell you the glitter colors.  After all, you can see them for yourself.   None of the glitter used on this card is from Stmpin' Up!.  As I have said before, I love their glitters and use them often.  However, they do not have every color I need for doing my stain glass work.  I attached my stain glass balloon scene using glue dots.  If you place them on the dark glitter colors, they will not show through to the outside.  I trimmed this one down to leave absolutely no excess acetate on the edges after I glittered it.  I never know until I am ready to assemble my card if I will need the edge of acetate or not.  

Well, I think I will go enjoy the weather for a while now.  Mornings are especially nice right now!!  Thanks for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment