CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Who Had Fun This Weekend?

Well I did.  Friday night we went to my in-laws for dinner.  That is always fun because you never know what interesting stories you might hear and it's good to see everyone.  Saturday my husband and I were in a chili cook-off contest.  About 2 years ago, my husband started making chili here at home.  Last year he decided to enter a contest and wanted to do it again this year.  It is a lot of fun.  While he did not win any prize last year, he came in 3rd place this time!!!!  I am so proud of him.  As his prize, he received a gift certificate to a grocery store and a really cool trophy! It was a wonderful day and the turn out was phenomenal!

Sunday was my husband's birthday.  So HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!!!!!!  The only downside of his birthday is that he had to work.  But no worries! We found time to celebrate.  His birthday card serves as my share for today.  Every year I try to come up with a unique card to give my hubby.  It always takes me a little bit of time to come up with an idea because I want to make it better than the year before.  This year, my idea came when I caught him watching cartoons.  So here we go.


My husband loves the Pink Panther so I thought why not make him.  Thank you Ellen Kemper for doing this first and providing such wonderful guidelines to do him!!  Let's start with the base card and work my way to him.  The base card is Marina Mist.  I added a layer of Crumb Cake on top of it that was embossed using the Houndstooth impression folder and my big shot.  Then I took a non - SU! sizzix die called Balloons and ran it through the big shot using Tangerine Tango, Night of Navy, Garden Green, and Daffodil Delight card stock.  I then put the balloons into several different impression folders (none are from SU!) to decorate them.  Now let's look at Mr. Panther a little closer.


He is surely one cool cat!  I just love him.  Now the list of punches is extremely long so I would suggest you visit Ellen's blog to get the instructions.   My colors for him are from SU!.  One is current and one is retired.  The current one is Pink Pirouette which is used for his muzzle and tummy.  The retired color is Pink Passion.  I just was not happy with any of the current pinks for him so I turned to my stack of retired colors for help.  He is truly adorable.  Thanks again Ellen!!


For the inside of the card, I chose to add some more balloons to decorate it.  The using the greeting from the Look Who's Turning stamp set, I stamped it in Marina Mist and punched it out using the modern label punch.  I did edge it in Marina Mist too.  Now you may be wondering why I only put "Happy Birthday" in the card.  Well, I always like to write my own special message for my husband so I want to be sure to have plenty of room to do it.  

Overall I was happy with what I came up with and he seemed to like it too.  We are off to the start of another week.  Let's hope its a good one.  Thanks for dropping by today and please come back tomorrow.  See you then.


No comments:

Post a Comment