CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who Likes Turkey?

It is tradition at my home that I cook our Thanksgiving dinner every year.  As nieces and nephews have grown up, many have chosen to start doing their own meals at their homes.  However, for my husband and my girls, they still like me to do our dinner.  Now I really enjoy cooking it.  I love all the food and how it all smells as it cooks - especially the turkey.  Call me crazy but I hope to continue to be the cook for a long time.

This terrific turkey day leads into my card to share today.  A few weeks ago, I shared a turkey that I made using the ornament punch and the large petal from the blossom builder punch.  Today I want to show another turkey made with one of my favorite punches.



Yes it is once again the wonderful owl builder punch.  I do so love this punch.  My base card is a piece of Crumb Cake cut at 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2".  I added a layer of Garden Green which I stamped with some fall stamps I happen to have using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed them with cleat embossing powder.  The greeting is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set which I have used many times on cards.  I stamped it in black, punched it out with the word window punch, and layered it on a Crumb Cake modern label punch piece.  Now for the turkey.


I punched out my owl from Chocolate Chip cardstock.  I used the small heart from the owl punch for the beak, layering the eyes over the top of the heart.  For the gobbler, I punched out another heart in Cherry Cobbler, cut it in half and used just one half for it.  The feathers are from the blossom builder punch.  I used Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, and Tangering Tango as my feather colors.  I punched out several of each color, sponged the edges with matching ink and started alternating them.  The are attached with TomBo glue. 
I cannot believe we are almost to the end of the week again.  Time just flies by.  If you like the turkey and live in the area I do, watch for a posting on my SU! website for a class on making this one as well as the other one I showed before.  

I wish you all a great day and I will see you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - this is so adorable!! I'm so glad I saw your pilgrims on SU :) Following your blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete