CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Catch Me If You Can......

Now I do not know about your family but in my family, building gingerbread houses is a holiday tradition.  We set up a day for this event to take place just like pumpkin carving.  We do not bake our own gingerbread but buy the kits instead.  If you go into any store right now, you can find gingerbread kits pretty easily.  Some of them come with the house already built for you.  We do not buy prebuilt houses.  Half the fun it building it.  Anyway, my husband and I are going to be planning this event soon.  I can't wait!!


Today's card reminds me of the gingerbread man we always have outside out gingerbread house.  This was another one of those unmounted stamps I found in my binder.  Again, it called out to me to be used so I did.  Here is the result.


Here comes the gingerbread trio!!!!  I picked this stamp up years ago.  It's funny how you can forget what you have until you just happen to run across it.  Anyway, the base card for this one is in Real Red.  Layered on top of that is a piece of Garden Green.  I stamped a greeting from the stamp set Four The Holidays on Whisper White and layered it onto the green.  Once that was adhered, I ran the green through the big shot using the Snow Burst impression folder.  By doing this, it makes the white seem like it is part of the green card stock itself.  I then put the gingerbread people on top of the green with runner adhesive.  I decided to place a piece of grosgrain Real Red ribbon across the botton of the gingerbread people.  The entire green piece was then adhered to the base card using runner adhesive.  


Here's the trio close up.  I stamped them using StazOn ink and then colored them using my trusty colored pencils.  I did highlight the stripes on the candy letters using a fine tip black marker.  The may reason I did this was the "o" was not evenly divided so I needed to split one section in half.  I actually love the effect it gives to the letters.  The white part of the candy is filled in with dazzling diamond glitter.  I added some dazzling details glitter glue to the icing features on the gingerbread people as well as on the background as snow.  Once I was finished with these little people and everything had dried, I rounded the top corners of the paper and then edged it using Read Red ink.  
Tomorrow is my Christmas class and Crop.  If you have not signed up yet but want to come, let me know.  I know I will be having a wonderful time this weekend and I hope you have one too.  I will be back on Monday with another share for you.  Hope to see you then and thanks for coming by today!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment