CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Charity Begins At Home

One of the most important traits we want our children to have is the knowledge that it is better to give than to receive.  We always want them to remember that there are so many others who do not have one thousandth of what our girls do.  Growing up in the age of reality tv, I really think that we have an overwhelming responsibility to teach our children to be giving.  They are seeing so much selfishness on those reality shows!  Well I am truly one lucky lady.  My husband is one very involved person in the community.  He serves on the charity board of his fire department and runs all kinds of charity events throughout the year.  I love to help him and really love when our girls come to help too.  As we are in the season to remember and be thankful for our blessings I hope everyone takes time to give of themselves to help others.

So what does all of this have to do with making cards?  Well, one item I worked on over the last day or so is a thank you card for my husbands charity committee to use.  He asked me to design one so he could share it at their meeting today.  I am hoping they like it and will want more.  Anyway, I thought I would share it with you today too.


I chose to do a side step card mainly to be different than anything else they may have seen.  I used Real Red for the base card and went from there.  I used one of my all time favorite DSP's with the little cherries on it.  It is so old I cannot even remember the name but I love it.  The "thanks so much" stamp on the 1 3/8" circle is from the retired set called Eight Great Greetings and is stamped using Old Olive ink.  I layered it on the 1 3/4" scallop circle in Real Red.  This side is finished off using a piece of Old Olive ribbon tied in a knot.  The " Thank You" on the bottom is from the stamp set Curly Cute which is available in the catalog.  The logo of the charities is printed out on card stock and punched out using the designer label.  Then I created a border for it using Old Olive.  Let's look at the last piece of this card.


The "You Always Do The Nicest Things" is from the retired stamp set called Happy Greetings.  It is stamped in Real Red.  Now the cute little fire fighter stamp is from a different company.  I know SU! use to have a set of stamps all themed with fire fighter images.  When it retired, they did not make a new one.  I really wish they would.  I have been unable to locate one of the old ones to buy.  Anyway, he is stamped in Basic Black.  Now I thought about coloring him but decided against it.  I did not want to take away from any of the details on him.  This layer of Whisper White is attached to a piece of Old Olive and then adhered to the card.  When making a card like this, you just need to remember to only apply adhesive to the area that will actually be attached, not all the way from top to bottom.  Otherwise you will have one sticky mess.
Well, I will let you know how the board liked the card.  I will be making these to donate to them and am really looking forward to it.  Thanks for stopping by today and be sure to drop in tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment