CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Monday, November 21, 2011

Frosty the Snowman

I absolutely cannot get enough of the Christmas carols during the holiday season.  Now I will admit I have been known to break into a holiday song at many times during the year.  For some reason, this music just brings a smile to my face and adds a pep in my step.  When I turned on the holiday channel on tv that plays the seasonal music today, I was happy to hear "Frosty the Snowman" playing and began singing along.  Of course, that led to my going through my Christmas stamps again  to see if I could create another card.  Imagine my excitement when I came across one of a snowman with a broom.  He just went along with the song and I had to stamp with it. 


He is just so happy to be out in the snow.  Now I don't know about you, but when I made snowmen as a child, they were cute, very cute in fact.  But they were not as cute as this one.  The base card for this is made with Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I then took a piece of Bashful Blue card stock and stamped it with a snowflake stamp from the retired set called Christmas Punch.  They were stamped using VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I tore strips of Whisper White card stock to layer across the bottom of the blue section and highlighted the edges with dazzling diamond glitter.  I did dot the sky using dazzling details (a glitter glue) after I added the snowman onto the card.  Then my card was ready for the other items to be added. 


Here you can see Frosty close up.  I stamped him on Whisper White using StazOn ink.  I chose this ink so that I would be able to color him sooner that with the classic ink.  I chose colored pencils to color with on this one.  I must admit, I am a Crayola fanatic.  While the pencils I used on this card are not Crayola, I do have an extensive collection of their colored pencils and crayons.  Yes, I still like to color in coloring books with crayons.  It really relaxes me!!  I added some glitter to his scarf, hat, and nose to give him a little pizzazz.  He is attached to the card using dimensionals. 


The greeting on this one was easy for me.  When I looked at my finished snowman, I thought about the great joy it brought to me.  So the word "Joy" was a perfect fit.  It is made using Cherry Cobbler card stock.  Once the letters were cut out with my big shot, I glued them to the front of the card.  Adding dazzling diamond glitter to them was a no brainer for me.  Of course they had to be sparkly.   After all, the rest of the card is.

Well that's it for this Monday's post.  I want to wish my youngest daughter's boyfriend a very Happy 21st Birthday!!  Tomorrow I will share the card I made for him with you.  By the way, are you all ready for Thanksgiving?  I am almost ready myself.  Thanks for dropping by today and I will see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment