CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's A Big Shot Day

Every now and then, I go to my craft room, pull out my scrap box and sit down at my big shot.  I tend to forget everything I have for it since it is not used on every card.  Taking time to sit for a while and use the dies and impression folders allows me the opportunity to go through what I have.  Some days, I just cut out things and other days I actually make a card with some of the items I cut out.  Today's share is one of the cards I made with the pieces I cut.

Now before I share this one, I want to be sure you know it is a very simple card.  I put this one together to use as a note card to send to a friend.  Since it is not for a specific occasion, I did not use any stamps on this one at all.  So here we go.


Simplicity at its best.  Now I do believe these colors are retired, all except the Whisper White.  I am pretty sure the other 2 colors are Green Galore and Pink Passion.  This card could be done in any color you would like.  Of course, I would stick with a green for the leaves.  Although if you are a Dr. Seuss fan, you might want them some other color.  I started with a piece of Whisper White and ran it through the big shot using the impression folder called Finial Press.  This is one of the most elegant looking folders I have and believe me I have quite a few.  I layered it on top of the pink base card and I was ready to look for something to decorate the front.

To make these beautiful flowers and leaves requires 3 components only:  the Sizzlit called Little Leaves,  the Sizzix Embosslit folder called Simple Flower, and 2 couple of gold brads.  The gold brads and the Little Leaves die are still available in the current Stampin' Up! catalog.  The Simple Flower is retired but believe me there are other dies in the catalog that you could use.  The nice thing about embosslit dies is the not only cut out the shape for you, they also emboss it giving it a texture as seen on the flowers on this card.  To distinguish the center of the flower, I used brads.  Again there are other items you could use such as eyelets or rhinestones.  In contrast, the sizzlit die only cuts out the leaves for you.  There is an embosslit in the catalog called Sweetest Stem that would cut out leaves and emboss them too.  I used my TomBo multipurpose glue to adhere the leaves to the card.  Then I attached the flowers using dimensionals.  Very simple to put together.  You could add other embellishments such as glitter if you want to decorate the card more.  The inside is left blank so I can write my note.
I did say today's share is a very simple card.  For tomorrow, I will have a card which uses a retired stamp set.  Again, I am planning to spend a day going through my older sets to see what I have.  I just know I will come across something I will just have to use.  Until tomorrow, keep stamping and thanks for stopping by today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment