CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Pixie Dust

When my oldest daughter, Heather was about 2, she loved the movie Peter Pan.  We watched it so many times that she use to sit on the couch with me and recite the lines to the movie along with the characters.  That's right.  She memorized the entire movie!!  Of course she did the same thing with books.  Anyway, she loved the character Tinkerbell.  I think she liked the sass that Tink always had and thought it was funny when she would get into trouble. 

When I married my husband, I found out that his sister is also a huge Tinkerbell fan.  So I decided this year that I would try my hand at making a Tinkerbell.  After looking at various depictions I came up with an idea of how to make her using punches.  I know I am not the first to make her so if mine resembles anyone else's please let me know so I can give you credit.  Otherwise, yes I selected my punches and did this one myself.  Are you ready to see her? 


I started with a base card of Lucky Limeade.  I then added a piece of vellum card stock that I had picked up at a local scrapbook store.  It came with the "pixie dust" already on it.  If I am remembering right, it was in the section of the store where Disney papers and embellishments were, making it perfect.  I attached it by putting a little runner adhesive at the corners and then placed photo corners punched out using the retired photo corner punch over the top of the corners.  This hid any adhesive that might be showing through.  I stamped the greeting using the Curly Cute stamp set on Whisper White using Lucky Limeade ink, cut it down to the size I wanted, and rounded the corners using the corner rounder punch.  I added Dazzling Details (glitter glue) to the photo corners and to the greeting.  Now onto the star of the card.


Okay so her expression could have been a little better but let's face it (no pun intended) Tink has attitude!  I used the blossom builder punch for the wings and the bottom of her dress.  The heart to heart punch provided the top of her dress, her shoes, her ear and her arms.  The arms are the medium heart punched out then punch again offsetting the heart hole.  The shoes are the medium heart cut in half and trimmed.  The top of the dress is the large heart from it.  Her ear is the smallest heart.  For her legs, I used the word window punch and slimmed them down a little.  Her head is the small oval as is her neck.  I did trim the neck to fit better.  Her hair is a 1" circle while the bun and ribbon is the 1/2" circle.  The pom pom balls on her shoes are the medium circles from the owl builder punch.  I added green glitter to her ribbon and dress and yellow glitter to the pom pom's.  She is attached to the card using dimensionals.  

For my first attempt at Tinkerbell, I like how she turned out.  What do you think of her?  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  For those of you shopping, I wish you luck.  I personally stay home this weekend.  No Black Friday sales for me.  Saturday night will be lots of fun for my family as we build our traditional gingerbread houses.  I will be back on Monday with another share.  Hope you stop by.  Thanks for dropping in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment